There are days you will feel that urge to go swimming but most times, the weather is likely to be somewhat cold. Swimming is therapeutic and this is why pool heaters were invented. With the overabundance of pool heaters in the market, it would be difficult to tell which one is the best. However, here is a list of some of the best pool heaters in 2019:
1. Intext Solar Heater Mat
This pool heater is an eco friendly heater that is ideal for raising temperatures of your pool water to 10degrees Fahrenheit. The Intext Solar Heater Mat is only perfect for medium sized pools that are above ground (8000 gallons). If the water flow rate is above2500 gallons per hour then this pool heater is not effective
Its advantages are:
- Has a simple quick set up routine
- This heater is quite affordable and hence you can even buy multiple heater pads
- Has no monthly expenses and is very eco-friendly
The disadvantages are:
- Does not work for large or in ground pools
- Promotes growth of algae and hence you have to incur more expenses for chlorination
- Does not work in cold weathers
2. Hayward H400FDN Universal H-Series
This is one of the most popular brands known for being the most reliable. This pool heater is a customary cupro-nickel heat exchanger that offers the best in terms of value. It heats up a 20000 to 40000 gallon pool. Due to this, it is advisable that your pool is not exposed to a lot of heat.
• Its disadvantages are:
• Little or no effort is required to startup and winterize
• Easy to program and use
• Quite fast for a gas heater
• This pool heater heats up to any desired temperature level
• It gets really loud especially during the night
3. Hayward HP21404T HeatPro Titanium
This is an amazing pool heater coupled with an acoustic compressor cover that is ideal for quiet operation. It is equipped with a titanium heat exchanger for full heat transfer. The body is corrosion resistant and extremely robust this ensures that your heater will keep running for many years. It raises the temperature of a large pool to 10 degrees in only 2 to 3hours tops. It is not ideal for small pools because of its intense energy.
• Has a low monthly cost
• Installation is easy
• Sturdy built hence likely to last for 8 to 10 years
• It is very affordable unlike its counterparts
• It is very powerful
• This pool heater is very heavy
4. HaywardHP50TA HeatPro Titanium
Like any other Hayward pool heater, this pool heat pump comes with all the sugar and spice. This pool heater has a double injection- molded UV resistant body and a titanium heat exchanger. It also has an ultra-gold corrosion-resistant evaporator fan.
• It is very affordable and has a cost effective operation
• It is extremely powerful and very quiet
• Easy to setup
• Heats medium sized pools very fast
When it reaches the preset temperature, it automatically shuts off
• The body is likely to crack if it is not correctly winterized
5. Sta-Rite SR400LP
This pool heater is one of the lightest heaters that are available in this class of heaters. It has an 84percent efficiency rating that makes it among the most efficiency gas heaters known. Looks elegant and has a rust-proof housing.
• Heats up quickly
• It is very lightweight
• It doesn’t add too much on the gas bill as it has an 84% efficiency rating
• Has a rustproof body
• Has a poor customer service personnel
• Has a loud operation
• Might not be as efficient as other pool heaters
6. Hayward H150FDP Universal H-Series
This is yet another compact propane pool heater by Hayward and is so elegant to the point of looking like a small photocopier. Has a standard cupro-nickel heat exchanger that is good for competent heating. Another amazing feature is the polymer header and the bypass valve that is ideal for increasing hydraulic efficiency.
This pool heater like its cousins, is very eco-friendly as it ensures low NO emissions. In addition to all this, it is powered at 150000 BTU that is best for medium-sized in-ground pools; it is also good for large above ground pools.
• Has an accurate temperature reading on the display
• Ideal for cold weather
• Has a fast action working rate
• Causes mild noise pollution
• Quite expensive for people that use their pools frequently
7. Jandy Pro Series JXi 400K BTU
This is among the smallest pool heaters in the market and is about 28%smaller and 38% lighter than the other pool heaters. However, this should not mean that this pool heater is not as efficient or as sturdy as its competitors. The Jandy Pro heater features an 83% thermal energy competence rating with a low NO% emission. It has an array of unique heating mechanisms such as the blower- driven gas and the copper-fin heat exchanger tubes, it is also easy to use as it has a digital control interface.
Its advantages include:
• Powerful and quiet operation
• Heats 20%faster than its competitors
• Prices are very reasonable
• Expensive expert installation
• Setting up gets complex if you want to do it yourself.
Pool heaters are amazing accessories for your swimming pools. It extends your swimming seasons and gives you more value for your time. Swimming is very therapeutic and what way would be better to do this than getting that amazing pool heater.