Here are the best pool heaters of 2019, a mix of electric and gas with the pros and cons to make your decision easier! A warm pool in the wintertime will enhance your experience, allowing you to feel more comfortable and stay in the pool longer.
Hayward H400FDN Universal H-Series
This pool heater is really made for 2019: it is environmentally friendly due to its NOx emissions. It features a combustion system to aid air flow and is ideal for any climate and location since this heater is not affected by high winds. This heater can also be used in harsher conditions such as a high salt base or harsh water chemistry.
- Works quickly
- It is easy to use and programme
- Can heat up quickly to any desired temperature
- It is quite loud, this can be especially noticeable during the night
Pentair 460736 MasterTemp High Performance
This pool heater works very quickly, making it a top contender for the best six pool heaters in 2019. The heater uses a mix of gas and air technology allows this heater to heat up quickly and efficiently. This heater also is one of the few heaters available on the market which can also heat up your home with its natural gas technology. This heater is eco-friendly with NOx emissions.
- Very fast, this heater can heat a pool up to 4 degrees higher in a large pool (15-20k gallons)
- Small carbon footprint
- Easy to use thermostat is very accurate
- Difficult to install and professional installation can be very expensive
- Loud when in use
- To get the warranty and have it covered means you must register with the company within 60 days
SmartPool S20U Universal Sun Heater
This heater uses solar power to heat the pool, with easy installation. This pool heater will only raise the pool temperature by a few degrees, depending on your location and how harsh your winter is: this heater can extend pool use for up to six weeks – keeping you swimming for longer! This heater is ideal for pools above ground and those who don’t want to add to their monthly energy bill!
- Environmentally friendly
- Easy installation
- No monthly cost
- Only works in small or medium sized pools
- Is not suitable for harsh weather conditions or cold winters
Jandy Pro Series JXi 400K BTU
This heater is one of the smallest on the market, it is 38% lighter and 28% smaller than most of its competitors. It is a natural gas heater with NOx emissions, making it environmentally friendly. Despite being compact, this heater keeps up with its competitors, and challenges them with its 83% thermal efficiency.
- Operates quietly but is very powerful
- One of the most compact heaters on the market
- Reasonably priced
- Heats 20% faster than its competitors
- Installation can prove difficult and it can prove expensive to have an expert install it.
This is one of the lightest and sleekest models on the market. It features rust – proof housing, making sure it is made to last. This is easy to set up with an 84% efficiency rating, making it environmentally friendly.
- Fast to heat up
- Sleek and rust proof body
- Loud when in use
Hayward HP21404T HeatPro Titanium
This heater specialises in operating very quietly in order to heat up your swimming pool. This heater is made of a strong body which is corrosion resistant to ensure it lasts a long time. This pump can raise the temperature of a pool by up to 10 degrees in 2 – 4 hours. However, due to its intense power, it might be too much for a small pool or a milder climate.
- Easy to install
- Small addition to energy bill
- Sturdy and can last up to 10 years
- Heats pool quickly